Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Surprisingly Brave

Yesterday, Nolan had to have 2 cavities filled.  One of them was rather deep and the dentist was not sure that the tooth would not have to be extracted.  I am terrified of the dentist.  I have so much work that needs to be done but I am paralyzed by my fear.  Nolan is also fearful of all medical procedures.  I did my best to hide my fear.  We both had a couple of sleepless nights full of anxiety.
I thought he would not be able to go through with the fillings.  He amazed me.  He amazed himself.  He was so brave.  Even the dentist could not believe how well he did!

He did not have to have the tooth extracted but they had to put a nice silver cap on it.  You can't see it unless he opens his mouth really wide.  He told me he wished the filling was gold like all the movie stars?!?

I am so proud of him.  I wish I could get the courage he has and visit the dentist.  He has one more cavity on the side that will be filled in January.  I will not be as worried next time because I now know how strong he can be!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS