Wednesday, June 1, 2011

World Finals

Trevor and I just returned from Baltimore, MD and the Odyssey of the Mind World finals.  We had a great time.  We spent one afternoon in DC at the Mall and the Air and Space Museum.  We had hoped to see more, but it was hot and our feet were tired.
We also went to the National Zoo.  In hindsight, we wish we spent another day in DC.  We did get to meet this guy.  He was inside because he was hot, too!
We also got to see my best friend from college and her mom (my VA mom).  It had been 9 years, which is way to long.  It was wonderful to catch up with her.
The rest of the trip was spent at the finals.  Trevor and his team did a great job performing their long term problem.  The did not win, but I am so proud of how Trevor did.  He really took a leadership role and did a great job managing the problem.
Trevor had a blast hanging with his friends, pin trading, living in the dorms and eating dorm food.  I was thankful to have an air conditioned dorm and although I thought the food was horrible, I was happy to not have to cook or clean!
I know I have said it before and will probably say it many, many more times but I am so incredibly proud of Trevor.  He is one amazing, thoughtful, smart, funny, compassionate boy.  I am so fortunate to be his mom!

Trevor is looking forward to Odyssey next year and possibly going to Iowa for World Finals!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS