Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dear Nolan

Dear Nolan,

In a matter of days you are going to be eight years old.  I remember your birth like it was yesterday.  I will never forget it.  Your birth story is so telling of your personality.  When you decided it was time to be born, you were born (almost not making it to the hospital). 

You are one determined young man.  I know without a doubt, if you want to do something... you will do it.  You are a very hard worker when you want to be.  On the flip side, you are a very stubborn boy.  You don't do anything you don't want to do.  I am hoping as you grow into a young man, you learn to use these traits to benefit you.
Nolan, you are a strong boy.  You are a great little athlete and I love to watch your enthusiasm for sports.  I love how passionate you are about hockey and I love to watch you play.  I hope you continue to find joy in playing sports.

Your rough and tumble personality has a very sensitive, caring side.  You are extremely sensitive to others feelings.  You often have a hard time apologizing just because you have such a hard time accepting that you hurt another person.  Even though you don't always make the best choices, I know you want to do right. 
You are my cuddle bug.  I hope even when you are eighteen you will still want to cuddle up with me.  You are very loving and affectionate.

I am so proud of who you are becoming.  You are really starting to come into your own.  You have interests and hobbies that are unique to you.  I look forward to seeing how your love and interest in all things animals plays a role in your future.  I look forward to many years of watching you play hockey.  I look forward to you continue to learn and excel in school.
Nolan, you are one special boy.  Even though you have given me almost every grey hair on my head, I would not change it for the world.  I love, love, love you!

Happy, happy birthday my sweet son.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS