Friday, April 13, 2012

My Boys

I am the mom to three incredible boys.  I love my boys and these three boys lighten my life every single day.  I have three boys and I would not have it any other way!
But if I am being totally honest, I always wanted to have a daughter.  I always thought I would be a girl mom {boy was I wrong}.  And if I am being honest, there are times that I wish I could buy a cute little dress and big hair bows for my daughter.  I always imagined taking my daughter to the American Girl store.  I pictured helping my daughter plan her wedding and being there when she delivered her first baby.
When I found out I was having a son, what I was most sad about was the relationship I would have with him.  I thought there was no way a son and a mom could have a relationship like I have with my mom.  I think my boys are proving me wrong and I am so glad.
My boys have opened my eyes to so many things.  I was never a huge hockey or soccer fan, but now I love it.  Not only do enjoy watching my boys play, I like to watch it on TV, too.  I have learned that my home will never be quiet.  I love the conversations I have with my boys and seeing perspectives through their eyes.  I love who they are and love watching who they are becoming.
Although having three boys was not my master plan, I am so glad it is my reality.  Some of the dreams I have had may never be fulfilled, but so many things that I could not have even dreamed have come true.  I am truly blessed with these three amazing, funny, wild, boys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best mom to your boys! And they love you, as does all of your family.

DeeDee said...

Came over from Kelly's...love your blog..what a beautiful family you have!!!

3 Dudes and a Diva said...

Coming from Kelly's. I too was scared of the mother/son relationship. I always thought what will I do with an 8 or 10 year old boy? But as you have learned boys are awesome! I should know I have 5!! Yes 5 boys and one girl and the relationship with my boys is amazing. I know I will always be taken care of. Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family!

Melanie Mueller said...

You sound so much like me. SO glad God has the master plan and he gave me my three little men. Your boys are so HANDSOME!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Katherine said...

Very well said. It was never my plan to have 3 boys but now that I do, I love it and they bring different types of joy.

Meggie said...

Thanks for your comment and stopping by my blog! I can relate to a LOT of what you said. And since a 3rd boy is a very real possiblity for me, I'm encouraged by everything you said too. I'll definitely have to stop by again!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS