Monday, June 4, 2012

Community

I love the town we live in.  Growing up in San Diego, I never experienced the community feel one would get from living in a smaller town.  I have it now where I live and it is one of my favorite things about this town.
I love that as my kids get older and hang out in the village that there will be people I know that will see them and keep an eye out for them.  I love when I go to the grocery store and see many people I know.  I am sure part of why I love it so much is because it is a novelty to me since I did not have any of this growing up.  In San Diego, it was rare that I would run into someone I knew.  The city was just so big.
This Saturday my town had a big fundraiser for our local pizza shop owner.  The building his restaurant is in burned in April and GHOP has been closed since.  Shorty after, the owner found out he has cancer.  It is all very sad and we look forward to GHOP reopening.  At the fundraiser, they interviewed us for the news.  You can see the video here.
It is amazing, to me, to see the community come together and rally around this local business owner.  I love that my kids are growing up with a sense of community.  I feel so blessed to live in such a wonderful community.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS