Friday, November 16, 2012

I Feel Like Crap

Trevor was incredibly brave yesterday morning preparing for surgery.  We had to wait longer than expected and he handled it so well.  He was very scared but handled himself so well.  Many staff members at the hospital commented on what a wonderful son we have (always so nice to hear).
Trevor did great getting the IV put in, better than I ever would be.  While waiting to go into surgery, he was really quiet but keep himself busy with his PSVita.  Finally, it was his time to go into surgery.  We gave him big hugs and kisses and with tears in my eyes, he was wheeled to the OR.
 
After about an hour and half, surgery was completed and as expected, Trevor did great.  As soon as I saw him sleeping in recovery, I just started crying again.  It is so hard seeing your child like this.  We were in recovery for quite some time because we were having a difficult time getting on top of the pain.  The first thing Trevor said when he woke was "I feel like crap"!  I felt so bad, I don't know why but I just did not expect him to wake in so much pain. 
After the pain was under control, we were able to come home and he has been pretty comfortable.  We are definitely going to stay on top of the pain with his meds.  I even set my alarm last night to wake in the middle of the night to give him his meds.
 
Thanks to all of our friends and family's well wishes throughout the day.  It was really nice knowing all of you were praying for us.
 
I just can't say it enough.  I am so proud of Trevor.  He really is a special boy and I am so blessed to be his mom!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS