Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I am still in a state of disbelief about what happened in the wonderful city of Boston.
What was supposed to be such a patriotic day turned into a horrific tragedy.
My heart aches for all those affected by the act of terror that occurred yesterday, for the little 8 year old boy that lost his life, his family, all the others that were injured, the families and friends of those injured, the people who had to witness first hand such horror and the heroes that helped.
 
These situations are happening all to often and they are so hard to explain to my children.  I will never, ever understand how someone can commit such an act of violence so how can my 5, 9 or 12 year old make any sense of it.
 
I keep reminding myself and my children that there are many more good people in this world than bad people.  Yes, there are far more good people than bad.
 
" Darkness can not drive out darkness: only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. ~ MLK Jr.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS