Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Checking In {bullet points}

  • Trevor is doing well and recovering nicely.  He is such a trooper.  His stomach is black and blue but he reports it only hurts when he twists.  The pathology reports came back showing that he did indeed have acute appendicitis. The pathology report did show the possibility of future issues with his bowels. I am trying not to worry about this today.  Nothing we can do to change it, he is not currently having any symptoms and hopefully it will not result in anything. 
  • I have been really busy with Odyssey.  Trevor and his team decided to go to worlds, so we are knee deep in all things fundraising in hopes to offset some of the costs.  I am excited to take this group of 5 6th graders.  It should be fun.
  • Today, after a rainy start to the morning, the sun is shinning, the temp hit 68 degrees and it is really feeling like spring.  Yay!
  • Nolan gets his braces off tomorrow after having them for 1.5 years.  He is so excited to be able to chew gum again. 
  • Griffin went to the dentist on Monday. He did a great job and sat in the dental chair by himself for the first time. He has some major crowding issues and his teeth are very tight together.  He has a few cavities in these back teeth.  The dentist assures me that this is very normal with young children with tight teeth.  He will have to have some of these teeth worked on under general anesthesia in the next month or so.
  • Anyways, with all that is going on, I am just trying to keep my head above water and stay positive, but I must say this has been very difficult.  I just want to have happy, healthy kids {is that too much to ask}. I know things could be worse {a lot worse} but still I have been struggling...
  • Looking forward to a beautiful spring weekend with lots of sun!  We have spring soccer games this weekend. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS