Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I have been feeling quite sorry for myself lately.  With all the medical problems my kids have been having lately, although not life threatening, have really been weighing on my mind.  The worry of my babies having surgery, the pain, the recovery, the coordination and the expense are, at times, too much.  But then I just have to look at these three beautiful, healthy, bright kids and know I am BLESSED.  I am blessed beyond belief and feel so incredibly special to be able to spend this Mother's Day with these boys that I am fortunate to call my own.
I also have the most amazing mom in the world.  She supports me in all I do.  She is the first person I call when I excited about something or crying because of bumps in the road.  My mother is truly beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.  She is one smart, strong mom. She loves my boys (and they love, love her) and is so involved in their every days (which I am so thankful for). Again, BLESSED to have not only an incredible mother but also a best friend.  I love you, Mom.
 
I also have had the fortune of having Debbie in my life.  Although she is not my mother, she has been a huge support in my life.  She has been a proud Godmother to Griffin and a friend, cheerleader, teacher and support to all three of the boys.  Since there is not a Debbie Day, Mother's Day is the day I reflect on the influence and love she has brought to my life (Rob's and the boys).  Happy Mother's Day, Debbie.
 
I also have a loving, supporting Mum. Rob is a good husband and an amazing father and I thank Mum for raising him and instilling these values in him.  There is so much comfort in knowing that she has and will always be there for us. Recently, when I called to let her know T was heading in for emergency surgery, she asked what she could do to help. I appreciate that so much.  I know she would drop anything if needed to be there for us and for that I am thankful.  Happy Mother's Day, Mum.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS