Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

I went to greet my sweet boy as he woke this morning.  It is a big day!  One of many firsts, but a big one... the first day of kindergarten.  I see it as an end of an era and the beginning of another.  A closing of one door for me, no more babies in my home and the opening of another, the great big world for Griffin.  
I hopped in bed with him and asked him if he would stay this size forever.  His response, "If you pick me up before snack everyday, I can't grow bigger". Yeah, not exactly what I was thinking, but so sweet.  He then went on to tell me that, "when you or dad ask at the same time for me to sit on your lap, I will always sit on yours first... no matter how big I am."  Melt my heart.  This boy is so sweet and knows exactly what to say to his mom.
He told me he was excited about kindergarten.  That if he is good he will get a fish and on the first day of school he gets pickle seeds... yeah, I don't know what he is talking about?!?
Dressed and ready with a big smile, my big boy walked out the door with daddy, blew me a kiss and did not look back.  I blew him a big kiss, thanked God for my sweet, happy, confident boy and cried a few tears about the baby he is no longer and the wonderful boy he is!

Kindergarten~Little Dolphins School~Ms. Amy

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS