Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thoughts as the summer comes to an end

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. Busy schedules have already begun.  Soccer practice for Trevor or Nolan 4 days a week and game every single weekend.  I love watching the boys play soccer but I am just not ready to be back in the swing of school, schedules and schlepping kids from here to there.
I know this is going to sound like whining since I had such a blessed summer and got to spend much of it on the lake with my favorite people, but I feel like we missed half of the summer.  The weather and surgeries gave us a late start on summer and I feel like I am just getting into the summer swing.
I can't believe the littlest Gava boy is starting school this year, real school.  Griffin is headed to kindergarten.  Time really does fly by.  The transition is not going to be too bad for this overly emotional mom since he is staying at the same school and attending private kindergarten.  It is a great, loving, caring school and I think it is the perfect place for him to {continue to} learn and grow.  And lets face it, it is familiar and comfortable and there is no big, scary yellow bus to take him away.
And as I sit here and ramble, the tears are streaming down my face.  I have such mixed emotions.  I absolutely love my children at every stage of their lives but the time with them under my roof is so brief. As much as I look forward to the next stage, event, milestone... I want to savor today and I want it to last just a little longer {please}.

Since this post is going nowhere fast... I will wrap it up.  Off to take my big boys back to school shopping and enjoy every last minute of summer!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS