Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Caramel Apple Pecan Pie

On this Thanksgiving eve, I took the big boys to see Catching Fire. The movie was excellent. At times hard to watch but very well done. Maybe even better than the first one.

Then I came home to bake a pie.  I love this pie.  I am not a big pie person but when you add caramel and nuts, you begin to speak my language.  I got this great recipe from Dixie Delight.

For Pie:
1 pie crust
1/3 c sugar
3 T flour
1t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
6 c thinly sliced apples
For Topping:
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 c butter, slightly softened
Finishing Touch:
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c caramel ice cream topping (I use more, never enough caramel)

1. Roll pie crust into 9-inch pie plate and cook according to directions.
2. In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated. Transfer to pie plate.
3. Mix together sugar, flour, and oats for topping.  Cut butter and sprinkle over pie.
4. Cover edge of pie with foil and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.  Remove foil and bake additional 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with caramel.

Eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It is that good.  Enjoy

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS