Saturday, June 14, 2014

The {Kindergarten} Graduate

Griffin had a very exciting day yesterday. He graduated from Kindergarten.
He had a wonderful year. He is very skilled in math {he amazes his teachers with the computations he can do in his head} and has learned to read and write. He has learned how to work as a team and how to communicate effectively with his peers.
He has been at this school since he was 2. He has been so loved and cared for at the Little Dolphins School. I was emotional. I cried on the way to graduation and a little during graduation. Thank goodness it was just graduation and we are not saying bye to the school yet {he will be there through the summer} or I would have been an huge mess!
Yesterday had me thinking a lot about Griffin's short 6 years and what a difference this school has made in his life. He started at Little Dolphins because we had a HORRIBLE experience at a home daycare. His {unqualified} home daycare provided labeled my child as special needs. I remember feeling so scared, hurt and alone. Even with all the confirmations from family, friends and his doctors, I was still so scared and worried that my baby may not be "normal". Now looking back on it, I realize that daycare provider was right about one thing... Griffin is special. He is not special needs, but he is special. He is kind, loving, social, sweet, wise beyond his years, smart, funny, the center of attention, bright, happy, active, cute and SPECIAL. I am no longer mad at this woman who with one label filled me with fear and worry, I am thankful. So thankful that she made me realize that she is not a good daycare provider for my kid. Had it not been for her, we would never have found the Little Dolphins School.
Anyways, back to graduation. They had the sweetest little ceremony. The kids sang a funny little song about moving on to 1st grade. {tear}

Then they hugged their teachers and received their diplomas. {tear}
They ended the graduation with a dance to the song "Happy". {tear} It was very cute.


And as you can tell, Griffin was way into it. All the parents commented on how shy {not} Griffin is and that he stole the show. Silly boy- loves being the center of attention!
Here he is on the first day of Kindergarten
and on the last day of Kindergarten. He has grown so much physically and he has grown even more on the inside.
After graduation, we celebrated both Nolan's and Griffin's graduation with Gia and TG at Pat's Pizza.

Griffin, I am so proud of you. You amaze me every single day and I smile because of you. I can't wait to see what is in store for you because I know it is going to be great. I love you to the moon and back.

Kindergarten
The Little Dolphin School
Ms. Amy Howard

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS