Monday, January 19, 2015

What a Weekend

Nolan played in 3 hockey games this weekend. His team won each game.
Since being sick, Nolan has not been playing to his potential, but this weekend was different. Nolan played three great games. He played center in all three, a position he does not often play. He played hard, covered all the ice and made two goals!
It was so much fun to watch him play his game. He was aggressive and spunky.

After playing so well all weekend, Rob and I took Nolan to get some new hockey equipment and out to lunch. We had a great day just spent with Nolan.

Trevor and Griffin went boarding and skiing with my mom, sister and Debbie. Trevor took a friend with him and they all had a great time.
The evening did not end so well. I got a call that they had been in an accident on the way home from the ski resort. The roads were horrible. Thankfully, none of them were hurt. 
Even though, I knew everyone was okay, the anxiety I felt when I arrived at the accident site with the ambulance and other emergency vehicles was overwhelming. I was so happy to wrap my arms around my loved ones.

As I reflect on this weekend, I am so thankful that I get to spend one-on-one time with my kids. I am thankful I get to watch Nolan play a sport he loves. I am thankful my family enjoys taking my boys and doing things they love and spending time with them. I am most thankful for my family and that they are all okay.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS