Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What's in a name

Today I am linking up with Momfessionals to talk about how we came up with our boys names.

Trevor Roberts
We had a really hard time coming up with a name for our first born. We had a list of 5 names (Trevor, Nathaniel, Lucas, Nicholas, Jared) and we let our friends at our shower vote on the name they liked best. I did let everyone know I had veto power. My guests favorite name was Nicholas. I love the name but thought it was too popular for what I wanted. Jared was the name Rob and I agreed on and that was going to be his name until about 3 weeks before his birth. Rob decided at that point that he liked Trevor better and I liked it too, so Trevor it is. His middle name is after my mother's maiden last name (which is also naming him after my grandfather who is one of my most favorite men ever) and Rob's and his father's name Robert.

If Trevor had been a girl, we were considering Natalie and Reese (and I'm sure others that I can't remember).

Nolan Michael
As soon as I found out I was pregnant the second time, I knew if it was a boy he was going to be Nolan. I just love the name, good thing Rob does too. It still is one of my very favorite names. It was so easy naming him. We chose Michael for no other reason than we liked the way it sounded together. Looking back I kind of wish I gave him a family name for a middle name since the other two have family names, but oh well. I love his name and if you know Nolan, you know I often have the opportunity to say/yell NOLAN MICHAEL.

Honestly, I can't remember considering much other than Reese had Nolan been a girl. I think we were fairly certain he was going to be a boy.

Griffin Kyle
When we found out we were having our third boy, we had exhausted all our boy names. We spent 9 months trying to come up with the perfect name for our precious 3rd boy. We were stuck on Quinn for a very long time but I decided late in my pregnancy that I wanted Griffin instead. Frankly, I liked the name Griffin all along but was worried about it being to sing-songy with our 'G' last name. Obviously, I got over that and I am glad I did. His middle name is my maiden name and I am happy he has a name that is part me (not to mention it is a pretty great name, if you ask me).

If Griffin was a girl we were considering Harper, Reese and my favorite girl name now is Hadley.

So that is how my boy's got their names. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS