Monday, May 4, 2015

Lately

We have been so excited that it is warming up around here. After this long winter, we are ready for some sun and summer.
Rob and I took Nolan on a little date one night. We went out for our first scoops of ice cream. Yummy and more signs summer is coming.

Trevor spend April vacation in DC with his class. He had a great, busy week. His favorite things were the Holocaust Museum and the WWII memorial. He came home exhausted. After sleeping for about a day, he is now back to himself.
And Griffin could not get enough of Trevor when he got home. He is going to miss his biggest brother big time when he goes off to school.

Trevor had placement testing for MSSM this weekend. Since the testing facility was closer to camp, we spent a lovely weekend at our favorite place.
We enjoyed the beautiful lake that is now free of ice. Wooohoooo. Nothing says summer like the sun shinning on the lake. By the looks of it, you would not know it was covered in ice a week ago.
We did some planting around camp. Can you say summer!

While at the MSSM testing, Rob and I sat in some parent panel meetings. We got a lot of information about what we can expect from our kids on vacations, calling home, etc. Let's just say I am having a very hard time dealing with this and the panels did not make it any easier. I am going to miss him so much. I often hear I could/would never let my child go away for high school. I think this is not my choice. This is Trevor's decision, one that we could not possibly not support. It is our job as parents to guide and support. This is about what his best for him and not what is best for me.
This little guy just makes me smile every day. I love this mommy's boy.

Nolan has soccer tryouts this week. He hates this type of thing and because it causes him anxiety, he has been a little cranky. I can't wait til it is over!
I got this sweet little rendition of our family. I think it is so cute. It is from Ink Lane Design on Etsy.
Have a great week. How can you not when the sun is finally shinning and the temps may finally hit 80.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS