Friday, June 12, 2015

Lasts

School is starting to wrap up around here. I'm ready for summer that is for sure, but I am not so sure I am ready for the boys to be out of school... mostly because I don't want to face what is next.
This morning in a very light-hearted manner I told Trevor to have great day on his very last Friday in our town school. And then I though that through in my head, got a big lump in my throat, my heart skipped a beat and a tear quickly found it's way to my eye. My baby, my first born, the one who made me a mom, is leaving for high school and that is only 2 months, 2 short summer months away. It is amazing that at times I seem so okay with this because I know it is a great opportunity for Trevor and being a parent is being completely selfless and doing what is best for our children, not us. And then at times it hits me like a ton of bricks. How can I possibly send my fourteen year old off to school 6 hours away to be trusted with a staff (that I know is completely capable) that does not even know my baby. I sure am going to miss my daily (albeit short) conversations with Trevor, the out of the blue hugs and love, just the every day things that I take for granted. I am sure that over time this will get easier, but right now I am having a very hard time imagining seeing him off to his next adventure.

Trevor graduates from middle school on Thursday and I could not be more proud. He rocked middle school. 
Griffin and Nolan have one more week of school before summer vacation. Griffin will be heading to second grade next year and he is so ready for it. Nolan will be starting 7th grade. He is excited for the summer, but had a great school year.

Being a mom is surely not for the faint of heart.
#hardestjobever #bestjobever

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS