Friday, September 18, 2015

This Isn't Easy

So Trevor has been gone for 4 weeks.

I thought as time passed, it would get easier or at least I would get used to having him away. Well, that has not happened.

I miss him more than ever.

This is harder than I ever expected.

It has been so difficult to hear from him so infrequently. There have been some challenges for Trevor and parenting and being assured your child is fine from 6 hours away is not easy. I have had a few (okay maybe more than a few) sleepless nights.

The good news is that he is really happy. He has made many friends, is loving soccer, is being challenged and is doing well in school. All good things. All things to be proud of. All we wanted for him.

But that does not make it any easier for me.

He comes home next week and I can't wait to wrap my arms around him and drill him with a million questions. (He is going to love this!)

And saying goodbye after next weekend is going to be even more difficult than saying goodbye the first time. I am going to do my best to not think about that and enjoy my time with him. I will face that when the time comes.
And having found this picture definitely did not help with how much I miss him.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS